Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why We Celebrate

At one point this year I was really looking forward to Christmas. I had imagined in my mind what it would  be like. We would have a little one to dress up for Christmas, buy a special "My first Christmas" outfit & ornament...all the fun stuff you think about with a new baby. However, it has turned out so different from everything I had imagined.

I had originally told Danny that I did not even feel like decorating at all for Christmas, I did not even want to put up a tree. Danny did not agree with me, of course. And after some thinking, I came to understand why he felt the way he did. And now I agree with him. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. Christmas is the reason that Little Danny is where he is today, happy for all eternity. Christmas is the reason why I will one day be reunited with him. How can I not celebrate...knowing that Little Danny has been personally invited to Jesus' birthday party in heaven.

So needless to say, we have put up a tree. We purchased two ornaments for Little Danny. Here are some pictures.






Danny's family has a tradition that we had to continue. For every child, they purchase an ornament with the year that they were born on it. Here is Little Danny's.


0 comments: