Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dreaming of Easter

With Easter approaching this Sunday, my memory brings me back to a dream that I had when I was pregnant with Little Danny. About a month before we lost him, which would have been in September, I had a dream about Easter. When I had the dream I thought it strange, since September is long after Easter. I even remember questioning, "Why in the world would I have a dream about Easter in September?"

In my dream I was holding Little Danny, he was probably about a year old. He was in a cute little Easter outfit and he was holding a white Easter basket that had colored eggs in it. They were so brightly colored. I remember them being a bright yellow, pink, green, blue...I remember thinking how bright everything was. The grass was so green and the sky was so blue. I remember my mom and older sister being there with us and everyone was so happy.  Little Danny was talking to my younger sister on the phone, and he said, "I love you, Ciao." And we all started laughing. I remember thinking, "Okay that was weird."

Now that time has passed, I completely understand the dream. I thank God for the dream. Easter represents  the resurrection. Eveything being so bright is God's way of showing me that Little Danny is in heaven today. I looked up the definition of the Italian word Ciao. This is what it said, "an acknowledgment that can be used to say hello or goodbye." I wonder if that is why he used the Italian word, instead of using the English word, Goodbye. Because Ciao can mean hello or goodbye. I believe it was God's way of allowing Little Danny to tell us goodbye for now....but Easter (the resurrection) is coming, and then he will say hello to us again.

I look forward to that day, when I will see the Lord face to face. I will know as He knows. I will be reunited with Little Danny and all my loved ones that have gone before me. Oh, what a day that will be!

Here are the words to the song, "What A Day That Will Be", that says it so well.

There is coming a day when no heartaches shall come


No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye.

All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore,

What a day, glorious day that will be.



What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,

And I look upon His face,

The One who saved me by His grace;

When He takes me by the hand

And leads me through the Promised Land,

What a day, glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear,

No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there;

And forever I will be with the One who died for me,

What a day, glorious day that will be.



What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,

And I look upon His face,

The One who saved me by His grace;

When He takes me by the hand

And leads me through the Promised Land,

What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day, glorious day that will be!

0 comments: