Monday, February 15, 2010

Where Did I Lose My Victory?

Danny preached a message yesterday morning titled, "Where Have We Lost Our Victory?" Boy, did this hit home for me. The past few weeks have been so hard for me. I felt like I had lost my victory. I looked back yesterday thinking, "Where did I lose my victory, and how can I get it back?" There are times in your life when you get knocked down so hard that you don't know how to get back up. Yesterday, I realized that is where is where I am. I've been knocked down so hard that I don't know how to get up. But I also realized that I am not able to get up through my own strength. It's times like this that all you can do is hold on to Jesus... let Him pick you up. It may be a slow process, but if you allow Him, He will not fail you. I am still  learning that. I know things in life may not always go the way you expect them to. I know that sometimes in life we will experience things that knock us down...hard. However, when times like these come I want to be walking so close to the Lord that I allow Him to pick me up. And that I am able say that through the power of Jesus Christ, I still have victory. I know that I am still going to have bad days and good days for a long time to come. However, He has been with me through it all and will continue to be with me in the days to come.  

0 comments: