Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Danny's Flower

I found a website from a friend's blog, Say It With Flowers. I thought it was such an amazing outreach to families who have lost children. I immediately requested a flower for Little Danny. Today, Danny's flower was emailed to me. We chose a yellow gerber daisy because it is a vibrant flower. I wanted a flower that would represent the joy that he brought into our lives. Even though he was with us for only a short time, he brought so much joy into our lives. We will never forget those happy times. I now hold on to those moments. At times they make me sad, because I wish I had them back again. However, at other times I find peace in them. It's hard to explain the feelings that I have. The past couple of days have been hard for me, for some reason. I think about Little Danny everyday, however some days are just harder to get through than others. Some days I am okay, I know that he is in heaven and he is safe. However some days I am selfish and wish that he was back here with me. The past couple of days I have been feeling selfish.  I know that God's plan is perfect, and I know that I will see Little Danny again one day. However, all of that does not take my pain away.  I miss him so much. I just keep praying and asking God to give me strength one day at a time.

I hope you take time to visit Rory's Garden to see Danny's flower. It is beautiful.

0 comments: